Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why I don't buy my child toys

Please see evidenced below Madelyn's new favorite activity: climbing into my bathroom cabinets, pulling everything out, then stuffing it all back in. She especially loves the box of tampons and pantiliners left over from after I gave birth. Go figure.

While our friends spend reckless amounts of money on talking Elmo dolls and four (four!) speed mini jeep wranglers, we sit in the bathroom and play with mommy's personal care products.
(Please disreguard the wretched bathroom cabinets. Have I mentioned the cabinetry in our house is absolute crap? It is. Thank you 1982 for the shoddy construction and lacking aesthetics. )
While I know there are probably a lot of Barbie dream houses and Dora the Explorer action figures in our future, I'm loving the sheer joy and entertainment Madelyn gets from my hair products and tupperware.
Oh, and one more thing. I couldn't leave you without the money shot- a bonafide curly mullet growing right before our very eyes. It's quite a site to see.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by