That being said, I woke up today feeling much better, so here is my quick and dirty recap of my sweet girl's second birthday party.
- We were super lucky to have most of mine and Matt's family present and Madelyn loved every minute of it. She was definitely not hurting for attention.
- We inflated a small bouncy house that was obviously a huge hit with the kids. I'm pretty sure Madelyn would have slept in it if I had let her.
- I ate copious amounts of gluten and loved every single bite.
- Madelyn was absolutely showered with gifts- our friends and family are truly so generous and thoughtful. Here is a small sampling. There was a lot of pink that room.
- We spent most of the party outside in our newly sodded (is that a verb?) back yard. It was the perfect day to spent outside.
- Instead of using both hands to shovel cake into her mouth, this year she neatly ate every piece with her fork. I was so proud.
- We used the inner layer of frosting on the cake to announce that....drumroll please....WE ARE HAVING A BOY!! More details on that later ;)