Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Etsy Love


If you haven't jumped on the Etsy train just yet, you are seriously missing out. Etsy is an online marketplace, similar to eBay, but geared towards artisans and small home-based businesses. I have made several purchases lately that I'm really happy with, so I thought I'd share.

The first thing I ever purchased from Etsy was a milk glass compote dish for Kristin direct from Eddie Ross himself. His shop is amazing- he travels all over finding gorgeous antiques, cleans them up, and sells them direct from his "store" online. No surprise, the wrapping was just as cute as the actual dish.

Next I bought a really cute set of personalized note cards for Dai when she got married, along with a personalized return address stamp. She said they were the first things she'd received with her new last name on them which thrilled me to no end. The cards were from here and the stamp was from here. Paired together, they make such a cute gift!

As I mentioned before, I bought several personalized goodies for Madelyn's first birthday from this sweet site and they added such a nice touch to the party.

My newest purchases are some of my favorites. The first is a set of three reusable cloth packs to use for Madelyn's snacks. I got to pick my fabric and they can easily be thrown in the washer when they get dirty. We go through ziploc bags like water and these are so environmentaly-friendly I just couldn't resist. Find your own here.

And last but not least, an ADORABLE personalized door hanger for Madelyn's door. I'm such a sucker for a monogram.

And on my radar...

I'd love to get this adorable organic cotton towel for Madelyn. I just love Amy Butler fabrics- they're fun and use gorgeous colors.

Speaking of Amy Butler, I love this clutch. Precious.

These personalized necklaces made famous by various Bachelorettes. I loove this teal one. One of my friends has this with her little boy's initial on it and it's really cute.

Speaking of shopping- am I the only one starting to think about Christmas shopping? I love to start buying gifts early to spread the spending frenzy out a few months, and also just because I love to shop for people. I'm always looking for fun new budget-friendly ideas so if you have any send them to me!!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I am definitely thinking of Christmas shopping. Having a baby due the week of Christmas has me a bit frazzled, so I am hoping to prepare as much as I can before!

© Living the Good Life. Powered by