Monday, February 23, 2009

Kitchen Love

Last time I was at the doctor's office I grabbed a copy of the recently-cancelled Country Home magazine to peruse through while I waited. I was quite surprised to see that many of the showcased ideas were not nearly as "country" as I'd expected, but more cottag-y. I'd never read the magazine before as country styling doesn't really appeal to me, but I fell in love with this kitchen and thought I would share. It's by Charleston designer Kimberly Williams. It may help knowing that the house is in Charleston, one of my all-time favorite cities, not only for it's charm and Southern elegance but also for the fact that it is where I met and got engaged to Matt.

The kitchen has french doors that open to a small garden- how refeshing on a nice day.

Kimberly collects brown transferware, so she decided to showcase a few pieces on the walls. I really love the overall-neutral feel of the room.

An antique armoire where she stores cookbooks and linens.

Just adjacent to the kitchen is this small sitting area and built-in pantry.

Just gorgeous

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by