Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Caution: Baby Ahead!

So I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by all that we need to get done in preparation for Madelyn's arrival in 10 weeks. I also figure I really only have 8 weeks to get it all done because I'm partially convinced she's going to come early, and even if she doesn't I'm sure I won't want to do anything at all the last 2 weeks. Emotionally I feel completely ready for her to get here- for that I am thankful. Granted, with my not-so-gradual hormonal shifts lately, that's likely to change at any minute. And given the fact that I am generally a very low stress person, feeling overwhelmed is not an emotion I become easily accustomed to. I'm trying to break my to-do's down into weeks so it doesn't feel like quite so much, so here is my list for the coming week.

- Pick up a pack of diapers so I can slowly start to accumulate a good supply
- Organize said diapers in basket (note: need to find a basket) in changing area of dresser
- Order fabric for ottoman
- Reassure Matt that even though I'm spending more time in Madelyn's room and not with him I still think he's a good husband, I'm just nesting
- Laugh when he walks into Madelyn's room and says, eyes half-rolled, "are you nesting, again?"
- Pick up baby detergent and wash her 0-3 month onesies, blankets, socks, and hats
- Order a few nursing tank tops while they're on sale at Gap.com
- Schedule haircut, pedicure, eyebrow wax, and house cleaner a few weeks out from due date
- Remind myself that I do not have to read every book/article/magazine/website that sends me information about babies sleeping and eating patterns, behavioral milestones, and what to expect during delivery...
- Remember to stop and enjoy every little kick, wiggle, hiccup, and jab because I know I'm going to miss it when she's here and I'm not pregnant anymore :)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by