Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fighting sugar with sugar

I confess...I've eaten way WAY too much sugar since I found out I was pregnant. It's like healthy me left the reservation and sugar-dependent me took residence against my will. Partly against my will? Ok fine, I didn't put up much of a fight.

So last week I really hit a wall. I wasn't feeling good about myself and I knew it was all mental. I knew I wasn't taking care of myself and therefore I literally saw myself getting bigger everytime I walked past a mirror. So I cut back. And I started working out again. And suddenly, I looked just a little bit slimmer in those God-forsaken mirrored closet doors in our bedroom (why oh why are those still there?)

So this week I made a deal with myself. If I limit the treats this week then come Saturday I can have a small Chick Fil A milkshake. That's what I've really been wanting, but instead I've been mindlessly eating everything else made available to me. Really, shouldn't I just hold out for the creamy goodness I've been craving? Some may call this counterproductive but I dare you to tell a pregnant woman that her logic is illogical.

Today we had birthday cake at the office. I did not partake. Duh, winning! (You can thank Charlie Sheen for that one). Chick Fil A here I come.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

"Duh, winning" just may be my new favorite quote next to "shut the front door" and "seriously."

© Living the Good Life. Powered by