Monday, June 2, 2008

Ladies beware!



Two of our dear friends, BW and Shannon Byers-White, introduced us to this recipe a few years ago while camping. It is Paula Deen's recipe for homemade pimento cheese. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I love my cheese, but I think we all know it's not the healthiest item on the menu. I make this recipe but I use lower-fat cheeses and lite mayo as well as a little bit of garlic powder. This makes a large batch, but you can freeze it for up to 6 months! Enjoy!

Bobby's Pimento Cheese

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
1 teaspoon grated onion
Cracked black pepper

Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. It can be used as a dip for crudite or as a sandwich filling.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by