So I brought them all in and sorted them into the bags and bins you see above. And this is what Matt came home too one night after work. Sadly these conditions don't really phase him anymore as it's not unlike me to suddenly reorganize the kitchen cabinets or Madelyn's closet. In fact, I think he'd be more worried if I wasn't engaging in this borderline obsessive behavior.
Anyways, I sorted Madelyn's old clothes into piles, lamenting over each little ruffle and embroidered stitch and wondering how shopping for a boy could ever be fun. I laughed, I cried, I organized like a maniac. And here's where we ended up.
- 1 bag of the clothes I just can't part with because they're so stinken cute I want to keep them forever and them embarrass her with them when she gets older
- 1 bag of clothes that are gender-neutral enough for our sweet boy
- 2 stuffed-t0-the-brim trash bags for Goodwill
- 1 bin of super cute items I want to keep for my friends who have girls
- and 1 bin of items to take to the consignment shop
Here's a picture of my loot, including two Ralph Lauren items WITH tags that I got for $5.95 each.