Monday, August 2, 2010

Have baby, will travel

This past weekend we trekked it up to the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains so that my brother-in-law Luke could marry his love Lacie and give me a sister-in-law! While the weekend was a bit abbreviated by Matt's work schedule, we had a really nice time and are so excited for Luke and Lacie. Being at a wedding always reminds me how lucky I am to have Matt...and of course, the little monkey :)

Unfortunately, I was so busy chasing said monkey around I didn't get one single picture! Not one! I estimate I probably lost 5lbs from sweating though, so I still consider the day a success ;) Luckily I'm expecting a few pics to pop up on facebook in the next few days so I'll be sure to share those. Madelyn rocked a pink bubble dress with a big bow on the front and gold sandals. She was definitely on the best-dressed list.

We spent Sunday morning cooking and playing with Madelyn and then Matt had to leave us again. Luckily he'll be back on Friday for two weeks. We're definitely counting down.

I made a few yummy treats for Madelyn to take to school (and by school I mean daycare) this week that I thought I'd share. They come from a website called Weelicious which was started by a mom to help show other moms how they can feed their kids better. Needless to say, I love it. She shares my love of cooking local, organic foods, uses agave nectar and honey as her sweeteners, and has some amazing ideas in the "lunch box" section of her facebook page. She's also a gorgeous model, but try not to hate her, I watched a few of her "how to" videos and she seems likable enough ;)

First up: lemon poppyseed muffins. Yum. Second, oatmeal on the go bars. These will be perfect paired with a little fruit for the days that Madelyn has to eat breakfast at "school". I'm pretty sure they're better than the apple jacks and danishes that the daycare center offers up.

I also have a few other recipes on my radar I'm hoping to try shortly:
Blueberry cream cheese french toast
Chinese chicken salad and
Chicken lettuce wraps

Hope ya'll have a great week!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by