Friday, May 7, 2010

Blackballed

This morning I was listening to the radio on my way into work and they were saying that stores are now tracking your returns, and some have even started blackballing customers for excessive returns!

What?!

First of all, please tell this does not apply to Target (as I wipe the cold sweat from my brow).

Second, what the heck?! What is so bad about returning things?

Apparently if they ask you for your driver's license when you're returning something the store is tracking what you are spending vs. returning there, and how often you're making returns. If they don't feel you're making legitimate returns, or that they are just excessive, you could be blackballed.

I cannot count the number of times I've just bought things without trying them on knowing I could just return them, or gotten something home only to realize there was something wrong with it and returned it. Why does a store care how many returns I make? I'm ultimately still there in the store spending money.

Shoppers beware. This is not cool.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by