Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back to Reality

Rather than do a super long post about how crazy fun the KY Derby was, I thought I'd fill you in on what happened when we returned from said weekend.

First you have to travel through terrential downpour and massive flooding in Nashville to get home.

Then you bring a nice cold with you that is threatning to take you down any minute. You wake up Monday morning to a fussy little one that soon generates a 103.5 fever, prompting a doctor's visit and severe ear infection diagnosis. At some point this same morning you throw out your lower back (how old am I?) which is less than convenient for a sick 20 pound baby that just wants her mommy to hold her.

Then you wake up Tuesday and start all over :)

Madelyn seems to already be feeling better this morning and has officially moved into the toddler room at school where there are lots of fun new toys and she'll start learning to use silverware. I hope they have a nice wet dry vac to clean up that mess.

My back, on the other hand, is getting worse. Not sure what to do about it since I've never had this problem before, so I'm just waiting it out, and waddling around the office probably starting rumors left and right that I'm pregnant (you heard it here people, the rumor is NOT true).

The good news is that we had an amazing weekend in Kentucky but as always we are thrilled to be back home with the little monkey. Rather than post all the same pictures, I'll just send you over to Kristin's blog fo as she was our photographer for the weekend- just click here :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful (and healthy!) week!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by