Monday, March 29, 2010

The best laid plans

A few years ago there was a popular country song with a line that said "...and if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans" that is ringing so true to our life right now it is ridiculous. Last Tuesday afternoon I started feeling a bit uneasy about the house being for sale and started having a lot of anxiety as to whether we should really sell now or not. I looked up to the sky and said a little prayer asking for a sign as to what we were supposed to do. Approximately four hours later our entire AC unit blew. As in, was no longer operable and could not be fixed.


I guess you should be careful what you ask for. Or be more specific.

Given the unexpected cost of replacing the 18 year old unit, we have decided it would be more financially responsible for us to stay in the house a few more years. We can pay off our one car that we make payments on (luckily we own mine free and clear), and save lots of money for our next place. I can't say it's what I want to do, but we feel like it's for the best, and are trying to trust that there is a reason we feel that way that hasn't yet been revealed to us.

Since lately I've completely lost the ability to just sit and relax, and I'm clearly not happy unless I have a project to do, I got to work.

Step 1- de clutter Madelyn's room.

Before:


After:


Step 2- install new kitchen dining set

Before:

After:


Step 3- Install baby gate to prevent Madelyn from making the stairs her new favorite hang out, which lately has been the case:

My selling rampage is also progressing nicely. I made $40 at the women's consignment last week, $45 at the children's consignment, and am pending another Craig's List sale I'm pretty excited about. It's a good thing too because I have a lot of items on my "wish list" to purchase and I'd like to stick to the budget I've created :)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by