Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Unlikely inspiration


I will admit to you, though not proudly, that I watched The Hills religiously up until this last season. I felt I'd met my own threshold of ridiculousness and immaturity by that point and I quit cold turkey right then and there.

But, one thing I loved about watching the show was LC's (Lauren Conrad's) outfits. She has a very easy, effortless, very California-girl style that I just thought was so cute.




(images courtesy frugal fashionista dot com)


Well, imagine my surprise when I found out she was designing a budget-friendly line for Kohls! Now before you start to judge..the line is for misses (not juniors) and yes, I do realize that I am 28 years old. Now that that is out of the way...

The Spring 2010 collection is super cute. So cute in fact that I picked up a few items today :) Since I am now quite a bit smaller than I was before having Madelyn I pretty much get to re-do my entire closet with new items that fit me, so what better place to start than with the basics. I picked up this great boyfriend blazer that has 3/4 cuffed sleeves and the cutest striped lining. It fits like a dream and I'm very impressed with the construction.

I also got this great high-waisted ruffled mini skirt that has an elastic waistband so it is super comfortable And flattering, but I couldn't find a picture. I would have gotten this dress but they didn't have my size:

You can also purchase the line at Kohl's.com or find it in "select" stores. I can't believe my little Fayetteville branch actually carried it. No surprise that the line was fully stocked as these types of fashions aren't very popular in these parts. The fact that I wear skinny jeans pretty much makes everyone think I just walked off the Fashion Week runway. Seriously, not kidding.

Oh and p.s. I have no idea why the spacing is always weird when I publish my posts. When I preview them they look fine, so know that I'm not doing it on purpose!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by