Monday, December 7, 2009

Come back, Fall!

Well, it's officially winter. Please forgive my lack of enthusiasm but in my opinion the only good thing about winter is the holidays. Besides those few special days, I'd be perfectly content to have fall weather from now until March. And, as if having to retire my beloved flip flops for the next 3 months and bundle up in enormous jackets everytime we leave the house isn't bad enough, now I also have to bundle up a 7 month old and try to cram her puffy little body into a car seat! I get out of breath just thinking about it.

Here is her heiness on Saturday getting ready to venture out. Today I had to quickly run her up to the doctor (yes, again) to make sure she didn't have another ear infection (thank you Jesus, she doesn't) and almost wore a similar vest but then decided being mother-daughter twins was a little too dorky, even for me.


Our sweet friends Chad and Amanda watched her for a few hours Saturday so we could go up and tailgate with friends for the SEC Championship. Sadly, as I'm sure you know, our Gators did not pull it off this year and the media is having a field day with shots of our beloved Tebow crying after the game. I'd like to tell those people, that if they did just one quarter of the public service Tebow does in his spare time, perhaps they'd feel differently and be a bit less judgmental. But, alas, I don't have a blog on ESPN to vent these feelings.

Yesterday Matt went all National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and decked the house out in lights. It looks awesome. We also finally finished putting up our tree and I sold my first item on Craig's List! Now I'm a selling frenzy. Gotta make money so we can move into a new house!!

Not much on the docket for this week, hopefully getting caught up on house work, finishing Christmas shopping/shipping, beginning to work on our Christmas menu, etc...

Hope everyone has a great week. I'll post some picture of our Christmas decor (and Santa's favorite little elf) later this week:)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by