Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cocktail, anyone?!

First of all, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving with my family without a new cocktail recipe and oh-my-goodness is this a yummy one. It's simple, fresh, and seriously delicious. Just mix one part St. Germain (an elderflower liquor) and one part Prosecco and enjoy:) St. Germain is a bit tricky to find as it's still a fairly new product, but a bottle goes a long way and it's well worth the search.

In other news, we had a great trip down to Florida. Madelyn was an absolute angel the entire time. I don't think I've ever seen her so smily and happy and on top of that, she found her singing voice! She has started singing "la la la la la" and then proceeds to get very excited about it. My sweet mom bought her a bunch of new toys and clothes but her favorite thing we brought back is a $1 plastic spoon from Ikea that my mom gave her out of the kitchen drawer. Go figure.

It seems we've returned to the arctic tundra as it's now freezing here, and raining which doesn't help matters. I'm suddenly very grateful I don't live up north because I cannot imagine having to bundle up little ones every time you leave the house! I'm so spoiled by my warm Florida childhood.

This week we are decking the house out for Christmas (assuming the rain stops) and excitedly waiting for Dai and Andrew to get into town for the SEC Championship which my beloved Gators are of course playing in. I'm going to soak up every minute of this one because I know we are in for a few mediocre seasons coming up. It's just not fair that we are this good every year ;)

Here are a few pictures of little miss with the family at Thanksgiving. Everyone was pretty smitten with her...no surprise there :)



No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by