Monday, October 19, 2009

A Tired Baby and a Freezing Cold Pumpkin Patch

Well, my timing was impeccable as always...Saturday we decided to go to the pumpkin patch and it just so happened to be the coldest day of the year so far. With a high of 48 degrees, cloudy skies, and a blustery wind, it was certainly less than ideal, but it was worth it just to see Madelyn so cute and bundled up!

On top of the weather, she was super sleepy so not many smiles in these pictures, but I can assure you she was having fun :)

I propped her up on this hay bale around these pumpkins for pictures (obviously) which seemed perfectly safe. Well, she decided she was done, threw her body to the side, and rolled right off. That's right, rolled right off the hay bale onto the ground, Matt's foot to be exact. Even though we all had a minor coronary, she was fine and didn't shed one tear. What a trooper. Pay more attention, mom!
Sunday we ventured up to the aquarium which was really cool. Even though it's been open for several years now we still hadn't been (shame on us), so Matt and I were super excited. Oddly, the highlight was seeing my sister, who has no desire whatsoever to have children, carry Madelyn around in the Baby Bjorn (willingly I might add). She must really love her. I mean, the Baby Bjorn is the hottest fashion accessory this season.


This week should hopefully be quiet and then we have another full weekend planned! My goal for this week is just to start taking better care of myself. I have admittedly put myself last since Madelyn was born and forgone my constant water drinking, vitamin taking, and exercising, which has reared it's ugly head in the form of 3 colds in one month. Not pretty. So, I guess that's my "end of the year resolution" :)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by