Friday, October 23, 2009

I Need Some Inspiration!

I traditionally like to get my Christmas shopping done early, not only so that I'm not running around like a maniac at the last minute, but because I LOOOOVE Christmas shopping. I love the garland, the Salvation Army bell ringers, the rude crowds and mass hysteria, all of it. I do think it's a bit obnoxious that all of the stores are decorated immediately after Halloween, but I don't mind one bit. The problem this year is a- finding time, and b- for some reason, I can't think of what to get everyone! Seriously, if you have any cute ideas for Christmas gifts please send them my way. Especially if you have good online stores/resources because my time constraints will no doubt lead to lots of online shopping this year.

On another note, tonight begins another busy weekend for us. First, I plan to have a glass of wine the minute the clock strikes 5 and I get home from getting Madelyn at daycare. If it quits raining we'll probably go out for a little happy hour walk around the neighborhood (why else would they put cup holders on strollers??) :) Then we're heading over to Chad and Amanda's for a little potluck dinner and some relaxing with the kids.

Tomorrow we are heading up to Chelsea and David's for their little one Connor's first birthday party. I can't wait to see all of the kids dressed up, plus it's going to be a beautiful day- 61 and sunny. Just perfect for a Fall party.

Sunday Matt and I are going on a date!! Wooohoo!! I think we've seriously only spent time together just the two of us a handful of times since Madelyn was born and it is far overdue. We're just planning dinner and a movie, but I am super excited. Sweet Aunt Kristin is going to babysit for us- thanks, K!

On another note I cut all of my hair off yesterday (ok all may be a bit dramatic, but it is much shorter) and I don't like it! I'm taking my prenatal vitamins again in hopes it grows back quickly. I should have known better! Everytime I cut my hair short I look like a total nerd! Ugh.

Also, today when I looked in the mirror I felt like my knees looked fat, like they have that extra skin right above them. I know that sounds odd but I'm wondering if this is a sign of aging. How sad. I've lost all of the baby weight plus some extra and I still have chubby knees?! And short nerdy hair?! It's a good thing I don't have the time or brainpower to worry about it. hah.

I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet little sleeping beauty... if I don't post at least one picture I'll inevitably hear from my mother the minute she reads this...


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Love the butt up in the air. Sorry princess got sick and we couldn't watch her. We'll plan it again soon!

© Living the Good Life. Powered by