Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Madelyn: 13 months


I realize I'm posting this a few days prematurely, but we've been so busy lately I don't want to forget it, and since this blog is some version of my baby book I figured it was time for a full Madelyn update.

Madelyn, later this week you will be 13 months old and you are becoming such a little person. I swear you are a 3-year-old stuck in a 1-year-old's body.

You now eat all table food, drink milk out of a sippy cup throughout the day, and have one small bottle of milk at night before bed. It amazes us how much food you can put away since you were never a big eater when you were younger. Your bedtime is 7:45 p.m. which is too early for me because I'd like more time to play with you, but that's when you like to go to bed and since lately you've been sleeping 12 hours, I'm not complaining :)

You have 8 teeth and I'm pretty sure a few more close to coming through. Your absolute favorite thing to do is be outside. You like to pick up leaves, take walks, play with the flowers, anything really. And you'll stand by the back door and cry if we don't take you out when you want to go(enter daily tantrum #1 :) The best part about being outside is that anytime you find something on the ground like a leaf or pine needle, you bring it to me and put it in my hand like it's a little gift :)

You are 21 pounds and 30.5 inches long- still tall and skinny (lucky girl!). You love to talk on the phone and anytime someone says "hello?" you put whatever toy you have in your hand up to your ear. You often talk and sing yourself to sleep, you give us hugs and kisses and are so sweet to us it really just melts our hearts. You even brush our hair if we hand you your hairbrush. The other day I told you to go get your shoe and you actually brought your shoe to me. That's when I realized how many words you're learning even if you can't say them yet.
We take a walk every night (weather permitting) and read Goodnight Moon almost every night before bed. That is, until you start eating the book.
You are wearing 12 month clothing and size 3 shoes. You love shoes and bags. You even have a little purse you put your blocks in and carry around the house. You're definitely going to be an accessories girl when you grow up.
Thank you for all of your sweet smiles and laughs, they make our day. I can't wait to see what you'll be doing a month from now!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by