Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Marden Update

It's been a while since I've posted an update on Madelyn so here goes! I am now 26 weeks along and will be 27 weeks on Saturday which is the start of the 3rd trimester and 7th month. Madelyn is 14 inches long and appx. 2 pounds! I can't believe how fast it is going by. People told me I would feel like I was pregnant forever, but if we keep up at this pace, she is going to pop out before I even realize what hit me!

I have been so fortunate in that I have felt really great most of the time and really love being pregnant. I know that in the coming months I'll start to really feel the effects of the extra weight and the toll baby is taking on my body, but for now I'm just trying to enjoy every minute. That being said, I can definitely feel myself starting to slow down, especially if I've been running around all day. I have also been struggling with some lower back pain, but yoga seems to be helping. Matt has been very good at making me sit down and put my feet up as relaxing is not always my first reaction and has been a big adjustment. Luckily I can still fit into a lot of my non-maternity clothes, but I also feel those days coming to an abrupt end here shortly:) I also have not sent Matt out on a single late night craving run, so I plan to do so in the next few months. I just haven't had a strong enough craving yet!

I am already getting a sense for little Maddy's personality, and I think she is going to be pretty strong willed. If you poke my stomach and she is awake, she will poke back in that same spot, as if to say "get out of my space!" It's pretty funny. She also seems to have a good understanding of night and day as she has periods of awake and sleep all day long, but she seems to sleep through the night. I wake up around 6 times a night to change positions and she is never moving, so hopefully she keeps up this pattern! It's really bazare to watch my stomach morph into weird shapes when she moves, but I could sit and watch it for hours.

Our next doctor's appointment is on Monday, but we won't have any more ultrasounds unless I start measuring big. We may pay for an extra 3D ultrasound around 32 weeks just so sneak a peak at her one last time before we see her in person, but we'll see.

I am having tons of fun continuing to decorate her nursery and organize her closet. We are ordering our glider this week courtesy of Grand-mama (my mom) and are on the search for accent fabrics so I can have an ottoman slipcovered and valance made. Matt's mom has offered to throw me a shower, as have Kristin and a group of girls from work, so she is sure to be one spoiled little girl.
I'll try to post a new belly picture soon- it seems to be growing by the day! The doctor said it grows 1 cm. every week but I'm starting to think that might be an understatement. I guess we'll find out on Monday! Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers and good wishes- keep them coming. We have been so fortunate so far to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy growing baby and we are increasingly grateful every day.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by