Thursday, September 18, 2008

A few of my favorite (Fall) things...

Yesterday when I drove home from work it was only 68 degrees outside! I couldn't believe it. In honor of the cooler temperatures and the official beginning of Fall, I thought I would post about a few of the things I love about my favorite season.

My favorite fall memory comes from when we used to live in Michigan and my mom would take us out to the pumpkin farm where we would drink fresh apple cider and eat cinnamon-sugar doughnuts- YUM. I've tried to find a similar experience somewhere here in Georgia and still can't match it. If you know of a good pumpkin farm, send it my way!

Another thing I love about fall is the abundance of pumpkin baked goods- breads, muffins, pie, anything. Here is a good pumpkin muffin recipe from Cooking Light that I plan to make in the next few weeks:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=522319

It goes without saying that I Love college football, and I especially LOVE watching games when there is a chill in the air. Down in Florida we didn't get to experience this very often, but here in Georgia we have our share of chilly days during football season. *I should preface this by saying that I don't like it so chilly that I can't wear flip flops, so somewhere in the 60's works best for me- don't go thinking I like cold weather because that is certainly not the case:)


I've made scarves a staple accessory in my fall/winter wardrobe, so I always enjoy a good excuse to wear one.



Lastly, I don't know where this is, but I want to set up a picnic blanket and spend the day here...

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by