Monday, November 19, 2012

Packing simplified

Now, before you judge, I swear I do not have a compulsive organizing disorder. It just so happens that I find comfort in the orderly. And in the midst of the absolute chaos that has been the past four weeks of our life, I had to do something to harness my anxiety.

So this past week my mom called and asked if she could steal Madelyn away for a few days before all of the Thanksgiving craziness began. She lives in Florida but it just so happened my aunt was heading down and said she could take Madelyn with her, so we said ok.

Of course, with impeccable timing, one of the bloggers I follow on Instagram was posting pictures of this amazing idea she used to pack her kids for their vacation. So I copied. It is the highest form of flattery, no?

Each gallon ziploc bag has a full outfit with coordinating hair accessory, panties, and socks where applicable. There is a separate bag for jammies and other misc. accessories. As you can see, hot trends for this winter include pink, leopard print, and Tangled panties.

I wanted Madelyn to be able to pick out her outfit each day, and my mom to have an easy time seeing what was in there. And for me, I got to stand back and admire each outfit- neatly folded and happily compartmentalized.

Now if I could just find bags big enough to hold my clothes...

5 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love this idea! I used it the last time we traveled!

Ashley Paige said...

love, love, LOVE it! i will pack this way for as long as i can shove those little clothes into those ziploc baggies!

Heidi said...

Love it! The OCD in me is obsessed with this kind of packing. My child, on the other hand, starts mixing and matching the pieces from the bag. For example, today, she had picked out gray and coral striped leggings and a gray and coral floral dress to wear to school today. But by the time she left to go to school, she had on the aforementioned leggings with a red and white striped dress and hot pink glittery ballet flats.

Awesome.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

I LOVE this. I did a form of this when we went on vacation last summer.. helps so much!!

MaryBeth said...

I am due with our third baby, one week after we come back from our yearly vacation up north in MN.

I am totally doing this in case I have to leave and my in-laws have the kids!

xoxo
MB

© Living the Good Life. Powered by