Monday, January 23, 2012

thirty

After officially celebrating my thirtieth birthday this past Wednesday I realized...

I am 30 years old and I literally have everything I ever wanted. How lucky am I? Who does that happen to?!

I have a husband who loves me even though I can drive him absolutely bananas. Two beautiful children who make my heart flutter at every glance. A house we've worked hard to make a home. And a job that I adore.

I have parents who love and support me. Friends that I swear I will take to my death bed. And more than that, I feel like I really know who I am now.

I'm proud of the fact that I can speak my mind and that I'm not afraid of confrontation. I'm proud that I've lost the baby weight. Twice. And that I can wear tight black leggings without being completely ashamed of myself.

This year I want to give back to the people who have given so much of themselves to me- especially while we were in the hospital. I want to be a more attentive wife, a more present friend, and a more engaged mother. I want to spend more time writing handwritten notes and reading books and less time wasting time.

My twenties were really good to me (exhibit A). But my thirties are going to be even better. I can feel it.

So what happens after all of your dreams come true? I guess I'm about to find out :)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by