Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recent acquisitions

This pregnancy has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I am ravenously hungry all the time, yet simultaneously nauseous all day long. I am putting on weight like it is nobody's business. And I am flat out exhausted, though apparently not so much that I can't eat. Or shop. At this point we're just down to the essentials.

In light of this, I thought I'd share a few new fun things I've purchased or been given.

First, Matt and I purchased these gorgeous leather chairs to take the place of the heinous and largely- oversized love seat in our living room. In our next house they may move to his office but for now they'll be perfect for the room where we spend all our time. We all know I'm a sucker for anything with nailhead trim, and my Dad actually subsidized them as part of our Christmas gift that we're just getting around to buying. We also got them for half off due to a sale price and family connection in the furniture dept. Score.
Baggu Bags. You may remember these from a recent post over at Urban Grace. I should note that if you aren't reading UG's blog you are seriously missing out. Tons of gorge interior eye candy and gratuitious shots of her beautiful little girl. Love. Anyways, Kristin has a weird knack for reading my mind and just knew when I saw this post that my hippie side would be wanting some of these reusable bags. Sure enough, she got me a set of three for my birthday! In the blue stripes no less. So chic.
Then last week I picked up this shirt at Gap for $6.
And lastly, I bought this print a few months ago but forgot to share and I'm so in love with it I thought better late than never! It's from tastes orangey on Etsy and it's going to serve as the inspiration pic for Madelyn's big girl room. I'm thinking blues, grays, and tiny pops of orange. Not only does Claire paint gorgeous pictures, she ships them with this incredible hand-painted packaging and a hand-written note. Love love love her. I plan to hopefully purchase a few more prints from her.
Happy shopping everyone! I need to get back to trying to figure out how I can simultaneously eat and sleep at the same time. Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by