Thursday, February 10, 2011

Holy Hormones

Last night Matt and I got into a serious argument over the remote control. Aside from the disappointment that comes from becoming such a marked cliche comes the realization that I have completely lost control over my hormones, and therefore my mind, mouth, and actions.

Yikes.

I got so frustrated and annoyed that I unlocked the front door and was seconds away from throwing the damn thing into the yard and making Matt go survey the dark, wet grass for it. And unfortunately that's not an exaggeration.

A few minutes later when we had cooled down I warned him that he really shouldn't get me all riled up like that because at this point I refuse to be accountable for my actions. I don't necessarily think it's fair, but he got off easy when I was pregnant with Madelyn--I didn't
act irrationally, I never sent him out at midnight for Chinese food, and I lost all the baby weight (and then some). You're welcome!

I should probably have a bumper sticker on my car (or forehead) that says "Pregnant: If provoked will retaliate." I'm pretty sure no one would mess with me. Or at least in my defense I could say they'd received fair warning.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! And I totally believe that you are not accountable for anything that you might say or do while you are pregnant :)

Jenn said...

That's how I actually knew I was pregnant with Brenna. I got into a crazy irrational fight with Brett. We were at our best friends house and time came to make the decision whether or not we were leaving for the night or going to watch the movie Hot Rod. Brett asked me what I wanted to do and I said, whatever you want. When really I wanted to leave. So 2 hours later, after Hot Rod, on the way home, I ripped him a new one for about 45 minutes straight. "I was trying to tell you I wanted to leave...THanks for NEVER knowing what I'm trying to tell you, OMG, You are a moron!!!" When I woke up the next morning I was "holy ish, what the heck is wrong with me?" The answer lied on that little pink pee stick!

© Living the Good Life. Powered by