Friday, August 21, 2009

Happiness: Find it Here!

Yesterday I was quietly reading Glamour magazine while Madelyn took her early evening nap and read a quote that struck a cord with me. It was from the CEO of Ann Taylor, Christine Beauchamp (yes, a lady no less!). She said her father used to always say "Work hard, have fun, and be kind" and she has lived every day of her life by those few words. I just love that quote.

On the same day, I saw something posted on one of my favorite blogs titled Young House Love (formerly This Young House) that resonated with me in the same way. The married couple who write the blog, Sherri and John, had gone shopping at a thrift store and found some charms inscribed with the "keys to happiness". See below for the secret to eternal bliss :)

Free your heart from hatred.
Free your mind from worries.
Live simply.
Give more.
Expect less.

These short phrases reminded me to slow down and remember that the true pleasures come from living a simple, generous life. It is even more important now that we have a little one watching our every move. If I want her to grow up to be generous and content in the "small stuff" I better start living that way!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by