Thursday, March 5, 2009

32 weeks 5 days


This is what we'll be having Madelyn's first pictures made in...of course,
it won't say Ella on it, but you get the idea:)
A few updates on the pregnancy front- I can't believe in less than 50 days little Madelyn will be here! I can't wait to meet her.

- I now have to go to the bathroom on average every hour and a half. Considering I get up at 6:45 and go to bed around 9:30, that's around 10 times a day. That is a lot. I do drink a lot of water which I know doesn't help the problem, but still, I think I burn more calories walking to and from the ladies room at work than actually working out.

- I have definitely starting to notice Braxton Hicks contractions. Luckily they are not at all painful, it just feels like my stomach is stretched out as far as it can go and then after a few seconds it's gone.

- I've also started to feel little one's foot (I suspect) kicking in strange areas- way over on my right or left side or up in my ribs. She may be a soccer player like her daddy because sometimes I swear she is mistaking my organs for a soccer ball.
- I officially feel large- not just in the belly but in general. I still feel extremely lucky that I haven't really started to swell yet, and haven't noticed any stretch marks, so I certainly won't complain.

- I am TIRED! This just started on Tuesday night and I've felt somewhat worn down ever since. I really have to force myself to slow down and accept that sometimes it's ok to go home from work, lay on the couch, and lay dormant.

- I have become a bit clumsy and keep dropping things! I don't know if this is pregnancy related but I blame it on that :)

- I have always prayed for Madelyn to be healthy but now I've also started to pray (a lot) about the labor and delivery process. I also ask her daily to please go easy on her mommy.

- My maternity pants are getting snug in the waist. I'm ignoring this and hoping they can just hold out a few more weeks!

- Madelyn gets the hiccups a lot. Sometimes so much so that you can watch my belly jump every few seconds.

- The thought of buying diapers, getting my hospital bag packed, putting the car seat in the car, and all of those last minute things is Ridiculously exciting to me. I'll probably have all of these items done weeks in advance, but that's just me :)

The average baby is around 17 inches long at this point and weighs just at 4 pounds. Considering Madelyn's weight was estimated to be 4 pounds 6 ounces two weeks ago, I'm very anxious to find out at our doctor's appointment on Tuesday what I'm measuring now...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You should pee right before the concert starts and not drink a thing during it! :) You can make it 1 hour and 40 minutes... I have faith. xoxo!

© Living the Good Life. Powered by