Thursday, May 26, 2011

This Week

Here's what I've been up to this week....





1. I made this Ina Garten panzanella recipe and proceeded to eat 1/3 of the bowl in one serving. For the sake of full disclosure this is a large Williams Sonoma mixing bowl. I have no shame. I followed the recipe to a T except I left out the capers, cut back on the bread because I was trying to be good, then decided I didn't care about being good and added some chopped mozzarella. This was SO GOOD. It would be the perfect, fresh accompaniment to a summer BBQ.


(Pardon the lazy camera phone picture. Laziness has been a recurring theme this week as I went to bed at 7:30 last night. That is by far a new record. In my defense I was so tired I couldn't even keep my eyes open and I certainly wasn't much fun to be around. I think it was just an isolated hormone-related incident as I feel much better today.)


2. My asexual love affair with Gwyneth Paltrow continued as I found this clip of her busting out the words from an early 90's rap song on a recent talk show. I've been known to rap a few verses myself but only after several poorly mixed cocktails and within the boundaries of my safe haven, Gainesville, Florida. Preferably at a little bar called Balls. Yep. Balls.


3. The first or second thing Madelyn tells me every single morning when she wakes up is "I wear pretty dress today, Mommy." She's such a girl's girl.


4. And lastly, I'm starting to accept that it really doesn't look like our house is going to sell. It doesn't matter how low we go with the price, we're almost at our rock bottom, and we're not getting any bites. Or any showings for that matter. So I'm moving forward with plan B which includes re-doing the living room and adding some playroom functionality to our current home office. Don't worry I'm bringing in a professional. But if you could say a prayer that we randomly come in to some money to help fund these little adventures it would be greatly appreciated ;)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Balls. Get me a double bourbon and sprite, stat.

© Living the Good Life. Powered by