Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life

We've been busy little bees around here as you can probably tell from my lack of interesting posts in the past week! All good stuff though. No major disasters, wild animal infestations, or expensive mechanical mishaps.

In the past week.....

- I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics with my friend Amanda to see if I like sewing enough to possibly buy a machine and persue it as a new hobby. The jury is still out on this one, but it was fun to do something different.

- Madelyn started saying "raaarrrr" when you ask her what a lion says. She still won't say mama but she'll roar. Go figure.
- The Barnes and Noble by our house closed which I am ridiculously upset about. It was the only decent bookstore anywhere near our house and I loved it there. I used to get coffee and read magazines and cookbooks for hours (BM-before Madelyn) and now it's gone. Not cool.

- We are loving the big box we got from our CSA! We've been eating tons of fresh fruit and veggies which is good because for some reason lately I've also been filling up on lots of chocolate. oops.

- Saw Sex and the City with Kristin. It was cute and funny just as expected and I loved the scene with Miranda and Charlotte discussing the uncensored aspects of motherhood. You moms out there know what I'm talking about. Hysterical. It was a bit long at just under 2.5 hours but So nice to have a girl's night.

- I planted sweet basil, cilantro, and rosemary in cute pots on the back deck. It will be nothing short of an act of God if I can keep them alive.

- We had a great decorative painter named Kristen come out to the house and paint two pieces for us. She was super sweet and Super reasonable with her pricing, and he work is just gorgeous. I really wanted a cool mirror for our kitchen so I bought a plain brown one for $25 at TJ Maxx and she turned it into this beauty:





- She also took this old hunter green chair I got when I was 11 (hunter green was all the rage at that time if you remember) and turned her into a gorgeous new off-white antiqued version of her 1993 self. Bellissimo!



- Bought this dress from Target. I'm taking it to get shortened a little bit but otherwise it's sooo cute on. Of course, if I stuffed my bra it would look a whole lot better. Is 28 too old to fake having boobs?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hey, jennifer! so this is totally weird - i was about to do the little survey thingie on "bower power" and your name was the first one i noticed...and i saw fayetteville ga, so i clicked on it and bam! it was you..hahaha...anyway..lest you think i'm some kind of weird stalker!!! so funny...anyway...thanks for the sweet words about my work, i'm so glad you like it!! :)

© Living the Good Life. Powered by