Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Day!



On Friday the oh-so-Southern city of Atlanta got an inch of snow. That's right, just a single inch of snow. And it was just enough to shut us down. Granted, there was a great deal of ice on the roads in addition to the snow, I just laugh knowing what my friends and family up north must be thinking of our cautionary behavior.
The good news was that Madelyn's daycare was closed, so I got to enjoy an unplanned day at home with her! This set me back quite a bit with work, so this week is going to be crazy, but I'll never turn down a day at home with my little monkey:)

We stayed in our jammies all day, watched cartoons, read books, spent a lot of time looking out the window at the snow, and generally just hibernating. It's finally supposed to be back up in the 50's later this week (can I get an Amen?!) and I cannot wait. I'm dying to go for a jog and get some fresh air without fear of losing one my limbs to the single-degree temperatures. I mean Friday morning it was 2 degrees with the wind chill. That is just ridiculous.


Our front stoop after the vicious snow storm. I use the word vicious lightly.


Don't worry, my child usually does have pants on, but I'd just changed her diaper and she wiggled away from me. She's quick and squirmy these days, so every diaper change is really an adventure.

Precious.

Mom, check out my hand! It's so cool!



Blowing on the cold glass. This was usually followed by licking and/or

biting the window glass and frame.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by