Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving Week Everyone!!

Even though I've already been to two pre-Thanksgiving celebrations (thank you Matt's family and work for getting my pants nice and stretched out in preparation for the real day) I am most excited about this Thursday because we get to spend it down on Florida with my family :) I am seriously dying for them to see Madelyn. Part of the fun at this age is showing her off because she's just so darn cute and sweet and talkative! She has A LOT to say which she usually voices in the form of a happy screeching yelling sound. It's much funnier and more endearing than scary I promise.

She also cemented her 7 month birthday in history by fully crawling across her bedroom and pulling herself up to standing in her recently lowered crib. I put her in there to vacuum, looked over and saw two curious eyes peering over the top of the crib, much to my surprise. Never a dull moment I tell you :)

I've been busy around the house doing a few little DIY projects that I'll share soon. Given my lack of craft skills and creativity I should emphasize these were quick and easy endeavors...don't get too excited :)

So, Wednesday afternoon we'll be packing up our Tahoe with more clothes/bottles/toys than Madelyn could ever possibly need in a 4 day stretch and heading down to Orlando. I've bought a new set of fun noise-making "instruments" to keep her entertained in the event she gets bored/uncomfortable, which given the fact that she's almost outgrown her car seat is highly likely. I'm not above bribing her with toys. It's a long ride.

I'm very much looking forward to a forecast of 75 degrees, my mom's corn casserole and field greens salad, a little requisite black Friday shopping, and good time with my family :) Lots of cute pictures to come when we return!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Orlando this weekend :) Safe travels! - From Katie and Quannah

© Living the Good Life. Powered by