Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Motherhood is Not for Sissies

That is the title of a cute little book my dad gave me when I was pregnant this past Christmas. What wasn't so cute was the mess I had to clean up on Sunday night after Madelyn got sick all over her bedroom in the middle of the night! That phrase never rang more true to me. Motherhood is definitely not for sissies.

Poor little thing has her first ear infection, which while that's not fun to deal with, is much better than the swine flu diagnosis I was sure we were going to receive from the doctor. Luckily after a few days of not feeling well we have some antibiotics in her system and she seems to be coming around. Considering how bad she must be feeling, she's really been a very good sport. She did keep us up for a good bit of the night on Sunday, but last night she slept for her usual uninterupted 11 hours which I was very grateful for. It's times like these when I am so so thankful I have a job that allows me the flexibility to work from home. I really don't know how you manage it if you have a sick little one...it would be very difficult. I will say I have not minded one bit that she wants her mommy when she doesn't feel good. I am loving every second of that :)

Other highlights from this week so far:

- I spent $26 dollars at the grocery store on Sunday and saved $25! Score! Given that this week we had to buy a new car battery, weed eater, and Costco membership this was a nice save.

- We found an alternate Halloween costume for Madelyn that is sure to be absolutely adorable on her. The peacock came in the mail and while it definitely had that obnoxious factor I was going for, it was this yucky synthetic fabric and I just couldn't justify making her wear it all day.

- My dad, his girlfriend Christine, and Lindsey are coming into town this weekend! Yay! Our original plan was to go down to Savannah for the weekend but we've decided just to stay in town and keep it easy. Given how much I've been away from home, the fact that I've been sick and now Madelyn is sick, this was a welcome change of plans.

- Matt is working like crazy on his new job but he really likes it which is such a huge blessing. I am so proud of him and how driven he is to succeed at this. Granted, it's a little crazy when we are both having to work at night when Madelyn goes to bed, I know it will slow down soon.
- My beloved Gators defeated the LSU tigers on Saturday in an ugly, somewhat uneventful game, but given that this is a "family divided" game between myself and my dad, it's always a good one :)
All in all, life is good! :)

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by