Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Goals...and beyond


I've been working through Lara Casey's power sheets, approaching my plan for the year in a different way. Rather than looking at one week or one month, I'm spending time thinking on what I want to do this year. When I look back on 2013 at Christmas time, what do I want to be able to say that I accomplished? What activities make me the most happy and how did I infuse them into my every day routine?

I can't even tell you the clarity that has come from working through these goals in such depth. I'll definitely elaborate on that process another day.

For now, I want to clearly state my goals for May so that I am fully accountable for them. I'm also listing a few of the goals I'd made and completed for the year, purely so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them off :)


May Goals

1. Plan and book our trip to Walt Disney World for later this year. I want to plan this far in advance to ensure we have meal reservations at all of the fanciest princess-approved venues. This trip is going to be EPIC for Madelyn and I definitely don't want to wing it.

2. Finish Love Does by Bob Goff. Ya'll, this book is incredible. It's a quick entertaining read but it will change your life.

3. Update the picture frames in our house.

4. Finish painting the kitchen.

5. Send cards with updated pictures of the kids to grandparents, great-grand parents, and other extended family members.

6. Sell our baby stroller, car seat, and bases. Yes, I know what you are thinking. And yes, this is the official "we are done" battle cry of two parents who have decided we are elated to have two incredible children and that is enough for us.


And lastly, a few things I have crossed off my list for the year:

1. Paint the master bedroom and bathroom
2. Open 529 accounts for the kids and fund monthly
3. Book a family beach vacation

1 comment:

Heidi said...

ok, so you do LOVE the power sheets? I keep thinking I'm going to order, but haven't pulled the trigger.

© Living the Good Life. Powered by