Friday, February 24, 2012

No more manic Mondays

When I went back to work I decided to do so at 80% capacity, so now I only work Tuesday-Friday and I have every Monday off to spend with the littles.

It's fabulous.

And honestly, it is so surprising what a difference one day makes. From a personal perspective it gives us a day to ease into the week, clean the house, run errands (though I have yet to leave the house with both children by myself), and obviously, spend time w/ Davis and Madelyn. From a professional perspective, I still get to experience the fulfillment that comes from my job and (Bonus) the weeks go by so much faster when you only work four days.

Here are a few snapshots from this past Monday. While Davis took his first nap Madelyn and I had a proper tea party in her playroom. She was an excellent hostess, sharing her "cupcakes" with all of her babies and animals and vigilantly pouring me more tea when mine ran out. When Davis was up we would sing songs, read books, or just roll around on the floor together. At one point I left Madelyn alone in her room for a few minutes and upon my return was greeted by her smiling face sitting deep in her closet, covered in what appeared to be a massive explosion of blankets, books, and dresses. She told me she was driving her babies to the park and the closet was her car, which made me wonder if perhaps my personal vehicle has been a bit too cluttered lately giving her the wrong impression.



We also did all of our cooking for the week. I've said before that the only way I can ensure I get healthy food on the table at night is to have one batch cooking session per week so that everything is ready in the fridge when we get home from work. It saves me so much stress and effort and allows me a lot more time to play with the kiddos after work each day when all I have to do is final prep or reheating.

This week we made:

Petite Meatloaves
Baked blueberry oatmeal
Brussels sprouts with bacon
A big batch of my Grandma's chopped spinach
Tilapia in mustard sauce
And planned to supplement with a freezer batch of meatballs for spaghetti and some salads.

No more manic Mondays for this mama. Can I get an Amen?!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by