Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bump Watch 2011

I thought it was probably time I update you on my pregnancy. You know, because details about my expanding girth, lethargy, and food aversions are universally exciting :) Don't worry, I'll keep it short and sweet.

Here are the high (and low) lights:

  • I am deathly afraid to be weighed at my 11-week appointment next Wednesday. My appetite is rivaling that of world champion hot dog eater Kobiyashi, except instead of hot dogs all I want are carbs. I think this, along with the fact that I have already completely lost my waistline, is evidence that our newest bambino is not of the female gender.
  • So far I've craved ranch dressing and pepperoni. Not together, but separately, and often.
  • I can't even think about eating my beloved snap pea crisps. They are dead to me.
  • In the past two days I've gotten my energy back and I am THRILLED! Yesterday I went for a long walk and the endorphins from that alone did wonders for my brain. For the past few weeks I'd felt like an empty shell of myself from complete exhaustion, but now I'm back! Matt is probably more excited than me, because this means he won't have to do everything at night while I lay on the couch like a lifeless blob.
  • I really wish I had some pepperoni right now.
  • I can't wait to see our sweet new baby on that ultrasound machine next week. I just hope and pray everything is ok.
  • I'm doing lunges and squats every single night. If I can't have my belly, at least my legs can look halfway decent!

image from here

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by