Thursday, September 23, 2010

Glutton for punishment

As I've mentioned, Matt's spending quite a bit of time out of town this summer for job training. And he's not just the next state over, he's in Connecticut which might as well be Dubai as far as I'm concerned.

In light of the fact that he's leaving again on Sunday I started making a list of things we needed to do before he leaves so that I'm not having to run errands, clean the house, etc etc...basic things to make my next stint as a single-parent just slightly easier.

- Bake two dozen muffins (freeze half) to have for breakfast/snacks
- Pluck my eyebrows and do my nails. If these are not on the list I can assure you they will not get done.
- Clean out my car. Take clothes to Goodwill and books to library to donate.
- Clean the bathrooms, dust the house, vacuum, clean the microwave and fridge, finish putting laundry away....on second thought, email cleaning lady this morning and pay to have someone do all of these things for me. Score one for delegating.
- Shop for diapers, wipes, and any toiletries we may need.
- Hit Publix for groceries and easy meal ingredients. Plan all meals using this cute template so I can mindlessly get food on the table every night.
- Clean out Madelyn's closet and pull the many clothes she's rapidly growing out of so I quit trying to dress her like Britney Spears in midrif tops and daisy dukes.

Apparently I felt this list left me far too much free time, so I decided I NEEDED to make a wreath for the front door, decorate the house for Fall and Halloween, AND plan a last-minute surprise 30th birthday party for Matt before he leaves town.

Really?

Am I incapable of functioning without 47 projects on my plate? Honestly.

Please remind me next time I complain that I'm running around like Joan Rivers at a free-Botox convention that I do this to myself.

1 comment:

Kat said...

That is part to-do and part ta-da! That wreath is awesome.

© Living the Good Life. Powered by