Thursday, December 13, 2007

All Time Favorite Cookies

My mother is a good cook but she doesn't cook often. When she does, and I happen to be around, I always request a few specific recipes and this is one of them. When I was home for Thanksgiving she made me a big batch of this all-time favorite and I'm still thinking about them. She calls them Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies but I've heard them called all sorts of things: No-bake cookies, Preacher cookies, etc... So call them what you like, but make sure to set a few aside for yourself because they are a crowd pleaser!

Ingredients:
2 C. Sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 C. Milk
3 T. Cocoa

Cook the above items until they melt together and come to a boil.

Then add:
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
3 C. Oatmeal
1 t. Vanilla

Stir until well blended and remove from heat. Place spoon-sized drops on wax paper and let harden.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

shelli harrison said...

I have known your wonderful Mother for many years and I have never seen her in the kitchen long enough to bake cookies!!!

xoxoxo

© Living the Good Life. Powered by