Thursday, January 12, 2012

A conversation with my daughter

The other night Madelyn and I were enjoying a rare dinner alone while the boys played upstairs so I thought I'd take the opportunity to find out what she's up to at daycare these days. You can hardly imagine how hard I had to fight back the laughter when the below conversation ensued. By the way, she is two.

Me (a mother who is trying to raise a gracious, polite daughter): So what did you guys do at school today?
Aforementioned daughter: Nathan went to time out because he said "oh shit"

Me: Oh really? You know we don't say that word, right?
Madelyn: We don't say "oh shit" mommy?

Me: No, sweetie, we can say "uh oh" or "oopsie" instead
Madelyn: Only boys say "oh shit" mommy?

Me: No Madelyn, not boys and not girls, nobody says that
Madelyn: Ok mommy, I won't say "oh shit"

End scene.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, I love that child.

© Living the Good Life. Powered by