Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Bellies

Here's what we have on our docket for this week's yummies. As always, trying to keep us away from as many processed foods, especially considering the twizzler-fest I was on last week courtesy of the jumbo bag Matt left me before he left town. Speaking of twizzlers if you haven't tried the new CHOCOLATE version you are seriously missing out. They are ridiculous. So good.

This week is a bit of an homage to my favorite TV personality Bethenny. I bought her cookbook for super cheap off of Amazon and I am loving it. It's comprised of very basic meals but each recipe has a chart of variations giving you tons of different options. I also love her emphasis on natural foods as I'm always trying to find ways to make Madelyn healthy food that she'll actually eat.

Monday/Tuesday breakfast: Boo Boo Banana Bread. Delicious healthy banana bread with tiny bits of chocolate in it. I think this little brown treat is becoming a recurring theme in my life. Probably not a good theme for my waistline though. Anyways, we'll also snack on this later on the week, but Madelyn (understandably) doesn't like to eat the same thing for breakfast every day. If I had enough bananas I would have made a few of these so I could freeze them, but I'll probably do that before Matt leaves town again.

For my lunches: Cranberry almond chicken salad. This is really yummy over a bed of mixed greens,. You don't even need dressing.

For dinner tonight and tomorrow we're going to have a mango baked salmon with lightly pan-friend okra, but for the second half of the week we're having baked ziti. And can we just talk for a minute about how Madelyn loves okra? She's such a little southern belle in training.

Other recipes I have on my *coming soon* list:
Easy stuffed peppers
Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (woah)

Hope ya'll have a great week!

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by