Saturday, May 30, 2009

Month One of Parenthood- COMPLETE

Here are a few notes about how our life has changed and evolved as we slowly get the hang of things :)

- We are oftentimes now getting to bed before midnight! Yippee!! Most nights we are in bed between 10:30-11 and the last two nights Madelyn has slept 5 1/2 and 6 hours consecutively! I'm hoping it's not a fluke, but only time will tell.
- She is still sleeping in the cradle next to our bed. I have major sadness about moving her to her crib, but I'm going to do it in the next week or so. Since she'll be 6 weeks old this Wednesday, it's probably time. Bummer. I may have to sleep on the floor next to her crib for a night or two to ease my withdrawal of being able to hear every breath and squirm.
- We are venturing out of the house more and more. I have also conquered the car seat and stroller which is no small feat.
- Madelyn loves getting baths. She is definitely a water baby so we'll probably be getting swim lessons when she's big enough :)
- I'm trying to teach her to say mama. I am bound and determined for it to be her first word. That or "Gators". Either one. I'm also aware that my attempt at brainwashing her will likely result in her first word being Dada.
- Madelyn loves her swing. She likes to swing and stare out the window. She is very drawn to light and reflections. She also loves to lay on her play mat and stare at all of the toys that hang down from it- this is often when she "talks" to me.
- Anytime we get into the car to go somewhere, Madelyn is sleeping within two minutes, sleeps for the duration of the drive, and often even once we've arrived at our destination. The car is like baby sleep hypnosis or something.
- She already seems a little annoyed by the fact that I feel it necessary to give her 527 kisses a day.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Where are the pictures!? ;) See you Friday! YAYAYAYAYAY!

Unknown said...

Jen, you put into words so beautifully the simplist things. I feel very blessed to call you my niece.

© Living the Good Life. Powered by