Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Halloween!

For our first Halloween as a married couple, Matt's brother Luke (aka my wonderful brother in law), invited us to spend the evening at his new house. Luke's sweet girlfriend Lacy made us delicious chili for dinner (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Boilermaker-Tailgate-Chili/Detail.aspx ), the boys carved pumpkins, and we all huddled together and watched a scary movie. It was a great time, but we didn't get a single trick or treater! Regardless, we've definitely done a good job of making sure all of that good candy didn't go to waste.
Matt decided to freehand a pirate design on his pumpkin, but then decided he didn't like it, so in the midst of trying to fix it, ended up with a big hole in the front of his pumpkin. I think this might have scared or confused the children, so it might be a good thing that we didn't see any.



(This is me rolling my eyes at Matt and his proud pumpkin)
And then, in the midst of the pumpkin carving, I decided to amuse myself for a bit...



Even though we didn't get to dress up (I Love to dress up!), we had a great Halloween and it was the perfect way to ring in the fall season.

No comments:

© Living the Good Life. Powered by