Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My best gift ever

Every year I have the hardest time trying to figure out what to give my dad for Christmas. You'd think, given that he's one of my favorite people and I know him so well, that this would be a slam dunk. Oh, if it were only that easy.

Let's not even mention that when you have an 8 month old baby at home, the last thing you want to do is spend your weekends trudging through the mall racking your brain for creative ideas all the while risking an inevitable infant meltdown every minute you forge on.

After years of DVDs and picture frames I cracked the code, thanks to Shutterfly. I made my Dad a hard cover photo book chronicling those first 8 months of Madelyn's life. And he said it was hands-down his favorite gift he'd ever been given (minus myself and my sister, duh). He was in awe of how professional and polished the book was. More importantly, he loved every little piece of evidence that he had been there for Madelyn's most important moments. He still talks about "the book" to this day, which says a lot given that the guy pretty much has everything he wants.

This year when I asked him what was on his list for Santa he simply replied "another one of those flutterfly books of my sweet little granddaughter" (he can never remember the word Shutterfly which I find very endearing for such a successful, professional guy).

I've been a long time user of Shutterfly and these books are really just the icing on the cake. They have a huge expanded selection of holiday cards and tons of beautiful, creative gift ideas that your friends and family will treasure. Here are a few of my favorites. As you can probably tell, I'm a "less is more" kind of girl :) Oh, and I love Christmas cards that mention peace and joy which many of their's do.


So simple yet so sweet! I just die over that picture.

Starlight Flurries





Again, simple and pretty


Full of Love

I love this brown as a Christmas color (yes, I'm the girl who's entire house is tan, don't judge me)

Peace and Joy


these luggage tags would make an adorable gift for newlyweds

these notebooks would make a great gift for someone who compulsively makes to do lists. ahem.

Everything I've ever ordered from Shutterfly has been great quality and has shipped quickly, which is great for an admittedly impatient person like myself.

And, since not everyone is as boring as me, here are a few really fun cards:

Glow and Behold




Initially chic (I don't know about you, but this girl LOVES a monogram)


Retro Chic

Happy holiday gift ordering, everyone!

Bloggers- get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly! Sign up here.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I already have my Christmas Cards that I orderd on Monday!!

© Living the Good Life. Powered by